Refried Beans Enchilada Casserole with pico de gallo salsa… Yummy dinner and leftovers.
2-14oz cans of your favorite enchilada sauce
8 Large flour tortillas, cut in half
2-14oz cans of your favorite refried beans
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 large white onion, diced
1 cup black olives, sliced
1-14oz can corn, drained
1-14oz can diced tomatoes, or 3 fresh roma tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon chile powder
Your favorite pico or other chunky salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour one can of enchilada sauce bottom of 9×13 glass baking dish.
3. On medium heat in pot, water saute onion, bell pepper, garlic for 5 minutes, then add refriedbeans, cumin, corn, tomatoes, chile powder and heat through- about 5 minutes
4. Place 4 tortilla halves with flat edge against sides of dish. Ladle 2 cups of bean mixture and spread over tortillas.
5. Repeat 3 times.
Note: For vegetarian option, sprinkle 1 cup Mexican cheese blend on top of bean mixture at each layer.
6. Add last layer of tortillas, then pour other can of enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle #olives. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Serve with heaping scoop of pico de gallo salsa or other garnish. Pairs well with greensalad and vinaigrette salad dressing. Makes great left overs too!
- Avocado slices
I’ll see you at the table!